Municipal Maintenance Company was founded by George Townsend in 1955 and has been servicing water, wastewater, and industrial treatment facilities ever since. MMC primarily focused on mechanical repairs and service of equipment. The company was originally located in Pennsauken, New Jersey with ten employees. The company grew modestly and became incorporated in 1968. In 1972, MMC relocated to a larger shop in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
In 1972, responding to a desire to grow, William Guertler was hired as MMC’s sales representative. In 1978, William Guertler purchased a majority interest in the company and assumed the position of President. Under his leadership the company continued to steadily grow in size over the next ten years. In 1988, the company moved to its current facility in Cinnaminson, New Jersey. The new facility allowed for additional growth. Through the years the company also grew its capabilities and became a New Jersey licensed electrical contractor. This allowed the company to provide its customers with complete system wide service for their mechanical and electrical equipment.
Today, Municipal Maintenance Company is stronger and more successful than ever. The company remains under William Guertler’s ownership and management. The company is also managed by his sons; Thomas, David, and Stephen. Through the years, the company has amassed a wealth of knowledge and expertise in its field. Many of the current forty-five employees have been with the company for over twenty-five years. The company’s success is also a result of it’s dedication to customer service, and it’s reputation for standing behind quality workmanship.